Friday, March 2, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye...

Jesus will come back. But, in the meantime. In the blink of an eye...

gas prices can go up 17 cents! The other day Lawrence was on his way to donate plasma and gas was $3.42. He was going to fill up his car after giving plasma and more money was put on the Visa card. When he was finished, an hour later, gas cost $3.59!!!

the weather can change from 75 degrees and sunny to 34 degrees and snowing. At least here in the Midwest. Apparently, I blinked when I went into Aldi this morning. When I walked in the store, it was cold, yes, but certainly not snowing. About twenty minutes later when I go to pay the cashier for our groceries huge snowflakes are falling. Wasn't I just at the zoo yesterday sweating in my short-sleeve t-shirt?!

Speaking of the zoo...in the blink of an eye, your two-year old daughter can disappear without warning! I was with our play group, so I was probably a bit distracted, but still! The four of us moms took our troops (9 kiddos) into the snake house. We had just finished feeding the deer, and Coralyn had mentioned wanting to ride the carousel. However, I didn't know if that was an option for everyone in our group, so I told her we would have to wait until later. Thinking the issue was settled, we made our way to the snakes. We saw the huge boa constrictor lying lazily in his cage and then we were amazed by another snake who was trying to crawl up the glass wall of his. Between marveling at the snake and trying to explain how to French braid a little girl's hair (Coralyn's hair was semi-French braided and one of the moms had commented that she would like to learn how to do that), Coralyn "escaped." I turned around and she was gone! I ran out of the snake house to see if she was waiting outside. Nope! Thankfully, some people saw me and pointed me in the direction they had seen a little girl running. Then, I knew right where to go. The carousel was just around the corner, so I raced as quickly as I could over there. Granted, I was carrying Kellah in my sling at the time, so I wasn't moving very fast or very gracefully. But, frankly, I didn't really care. As long as Kellah didn't fall out of the sling... So, here I am shouting Coralyn's name and frantically praying no crazy person has taken advantage of her running off by herself to snatch her up. And there's Coralyn, cool as a cucumber, at the entrance to the carousel trying to climb up the gate to get in. Two moms were right there, making sure she didn't get any further, as was the carousel attendant. I ran over to her, picked her up as best as I could, and carried her to a quiet corner where we could have a nice little chat about the dangers of running off by herself, no matter how badly she wanted to ride the carousel instead of looking at snakes!

I was scared to death! Needless to say, Coralyn rode in the stroller for the remainder of our time at the zoo that day! And we did go back and ride the carousel, together.

On a much more positive, and less terrifying, note...

In the blink of an eye, your 10-week old daughter can roll over for the very first time, while you are in the kitchen getting a glass of water!

Kellah didn't take a very long nap this afternoon, so I was having some good one-on-one play time with her today since Coralyn is actually sleeping! I put her on her tummy and let her know I would be right back. I go fill up my glass with water and come back to the living room to find Kellah on her back. When I left, she was laying her head down on the blanket, so there was no "cheating" involved. I hadn't positioned her so that she could easily roll from her tummy to her back. She did this all on her own! That little stinker. :) She knows how badly I have been wanting her to roll over, and get the accomplishment on camera of course! Then she goes and rolls over, not only when I don't have the camera on and ready, but when I am completely out of the room and miss the event all together! A stubborn one, this Kellah is! :)

Thankfully, Kellah obliged and rolled over several more times with me watching her. I was even able to capture the milestone on camera for your (or more the grandparents, really) viewing pleasure!


Ah yes, in the blink of an eye your babies grow up! I am sure my parents see Coralyn and Kellah and think to themselves, "It was just yesterday that Sarah was in diapers!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive