Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Don't Leave Me

Lately, any time I start to get ready to go someplace or simply walk from one room to another in the house, Coralyn is quick to shout out, "Don't leave me, Mommy."

No matter how many times I have reassured her, "I will never leave you, Coralyn," she seems to have gotten it into her head that I just might leave her behind, whether that be in the living room or in the bathroom at the zoo or in the parking lot at Hy-Vee.

Every time Coralyn cries out, "Don't leave me, Mommy!" I think of God's promise to "never leave or forsake us." The thought of me leaving Coralyn is absolutely ridiculous! Of course, I would never intentionally leave my precious little girl anywhere, unless Lawrence (or another adult family member) was with her and I was going on a quick errand or a Girls Night Out type of thing. But still, Coralyn is obviously worried that I will leave her.

It seems silly, but then again, how many times do I get frightened and think that God has left me or might leave me on my own in the future? How ridiculous it must seem to my Heavenly Father when I cry out to Him, "Don't leave me!"

"I would never leave you, my child!"

Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive