Wednesday, August 7, 2013

An Unexpected Answer to Prayer

Funny how God never answers our prayers the way we expect.

Have you noticed that?  Or am I the only one?

I have been praying for God to give me opportunities to get out of the house and spend more focused time with my 2 girls.  BUT, that is hard when I do in-home daycare and have 4 daycare kids in addition to my own 2 children.  All ages 3.5 and under!!!

I didn't think I would get an answer to this prayer until next summer, when I get a break from daycare again.  Since I watch teachers' kids, I have the summers off, which is super nice as it gives me 2 months to spend with just my girls and have lots of fun with them!!!  I have soooo enjoyed June and July, and honestly have gotten quite spoiled.  Not sure I am ready to go back to work tomorrow when the teachers do.  Because when they have school training and meetings, I have their kiddos.

God is really awesome though.  He knows the desires of our hearts.  And He delights in blessing His children.  Crazy thought, but so true.  Blows my mind that the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe knows me personally -- down to the number of hairs on my head -- and genuinely cares about every detail in my life.  Can't even begin to fathom how deep and rich His love for me is.  That He WANTS to spend time with me.  That He WANTS to listen to my prayers.  That He WANTS to fill me with joy.

Which is exactly what He has done today.  I just found out that 2 of my 4 daycare kiddos won't be returning this fall, like TOMORROW.  One mom was going to be training to become an appraiser, but that fell through last minute and is going to be staying home full time.  I am excited for her, but will certainly miss her precious little boy!  One family needed more flexibility than I could provide and was able to find someone else on their street to take care of their little girl, whom I will also miss!  I am kind of in a daze as the past hour has cut my daycare income in half!!!  Nothing like throwing a wrench in your family's budget!!!

But wait, didn't I just say that God has filled me with joy, that He has heard my prayers and given me the desires of my heart.

Did I ask Him to put us in a financial pinch?  To make our lives stressful as we think about how exactly we will pay bills and buy groceries?

No, I most certainly did NOT!!!

What I did ask Him was that I would have more opportunities to focus on my girls, to spend time with just them, to get out of the house and do fun things with them -- like the park, zoo, and library.  Less daycare kiddos means more time (and energy) to be with my girls throughout the day since I won't be trying to keep 5-6 kids happy all the time.  Just 3-4.

Furthermore, He has given me 2 days a week where I only have 1 daycare kiddo.  Totally doable for me to get out and about with 3 kids.  We can go to the park, the library, and other places on those days.   Again, an answer to my exact prayers.

Come September, one of my daycare boys will be having a baby brother or sister.  While his mom is on maternity leave, I won't be watching him.  Then, our baby will be born in November.  BUT, for half of September and all of October, I won't have any daycare kiddos 2 days a week.  Again, that means I can leave the house, do fun activities with my girls, and focus ALL my time and energy on just them!!!  Total answer to prayer once more.

Granted, that means a whole lot less money coming in to our house.  Or does it?

You see, another one of my prayers has been that God would bless my It Works business and open up doors for me there.  With less kids and more free days, I will have more time to invest in that side job and continue to promote in the company.  My goal was to be Double Diamond by November when the baby came, but I am thinking I might reach that level before then because of my new situation.

Nothing is certain financially for us right now.  And that can be scary.  We have been here before, and God came through for us.  I have no doubt He will do so again.

Being totally and completely dependent on God is not easy.  It's quite frightening at times, to be honest.  BUT, it's also sooooo good and sweet.  In fact, it's right where we need to be ALL. THE. TIME.  It's exactly where God wants us.

So, today has kind of thrown me for a loop of sorts.  And while I have my fears and worries, they are absolutely nothing compared to the joy that is in my heart.  God has heard my prayers.  He has answered me.

He has given me the desires of my heart.

Just not in the way I expected at all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive