Monday, August 5, 2013

Blessed to Be a Blessing

Man, I haven't blogged in a LOOOOOONG time, and boy do I miss it!!!  I have blog post ideas in my head, things that God is using in my every day life to teach me about my relationship with Him.

Like the nasty, disgusting, ANNOYING fruit flies that simply won't go away!!!  I want to scream every time I go into my kitchen.  I have tried putting out bowls of dish soap  mixed with apple cider vinegar with a piece of banana.  I have covered them with aluminum foil poked with holes.  I have left them uncovered.  I have sprayed our counters, cleaned our sink, emptied the trash.  I have put all the fruit in the fridge.  Nothing has helped!!!  I am about to go insane.  And having my 3.5 year old leave a half-eaten pear in her play desk isn't making things any better!  Nor is my 1.5 year old kindly putting half of her banana in my purse!

As I bat at these flies and scream curses at them, I am reminded that sin is the same way.  It doesn't want to just go away.  And if we leave anything in our lives at all for it to "eat" on, it will find it and lay eggs and multiply like crazy, making it all the harder to get rid of.  We may want to just give up and let the sin be, thinking there is nothing we can do about it anyway, that we will just have to get used to life with it around.  BUT, just like I am not going to give up my battle with these fruit flies until every last one of them is dead and gone from my house, I will not stop fighting against sin!

Anyway, that is just one of the things God has been teaching me.  That's not what I got on here to blog about though, so on to my "real" post:

I just got home from a monthly It Works meeting.  I always leave encouraged and inspired, motivated and blessed.  Tonight was no different.  The top earner in the company came down to share her story, give us tips, and answer questions.  Before she did though, we celebrated with those on the team who had promoted this past month.  Everyone from the "smallest" promotion to the "biggest" was recognized and congratulated, and I love that.  What really got to me, though, were the stories of 5 of the ladies who earned pretty big promotions -- Double Diamond, Presidential, and Ambassador.

Here's a chart of the "levels" in the company so you know what I am talking about:

Before I go on and share these stories, I find it absolutely crucial to point out that when I joined It Works in February, I did so for several reasons:
*I want to eventually "just" stay home with our kiddos and "just" be a mom without needing my income from daycare (but I still have to contribute to our income and needed a way to do that from home and with a "job" that doesn't prevent me from truly being able to go and do things with my kids)
*I want to help others invest in their health (a HUGE passion of mine)
*I want to be able to give and contribute to others and bless them financially, especially those who are doing God's work all around the world (from here in Liberty to overseas on other continents)

For me, this "job" isn't about getting rich, but rather using the money I earn to bless our family and countless others in a huge variety of ways.  Tonight, I sat and listened to 5 women share their stories and was inspired yet again with what this company can do for our family and in turn allow us to do for others.

*The first team member shared how has become a Double Diamond and paid off her car and an additional $17,000 in debt in the past YEAR!!

*The second team member -- as single mom and full time teacher -- told us how she reached Double Diamond in just 3 months and now makes more each month selling It Works than she does being a teacher (with 16 years of experience and a master's degree under her belt).

*The third team member shared how she went Presidential in just 4 months.  She's a photographer, mom of twin 3 year old boys, and her husband owns a restaurant.  Busy, but still has time to fit It Works into her life!  The $17,000 she makes each month and the $10,000 bonus she earned are certainly changing her family's life!!!!

*The fourth team member was actually a husband-wife team.  Last April, she was miserable at her job, so she quit to stay home with their little girl.  14 months later, she is Presidential ($17,000 a month) and her husband is Double Diamond ($6,000 a month).  Together, they have earned $45,000 in bonus money!!!  Talk about life changing!!

*The fifth team member shared how she started a little over a year ago, working 40 hours a week and taking classes to get her Master's degree in teaching. She went back to school so she could eventually spend more time with her kids!!!  Now both her and her husband are "retired" as they do It Works full time.  He is Presidential and she is Ambassador.  On top of their monthly commission (which is more than I can even begin to fathom), they have earned $170,000 in bonuses this past YEAR!

Again, it's not about the money.
It's about what that money can do.

And I'm not talking buying us a bigger, nicer house (we are soooooo blessed with what we have right now and feel we are right where God wants us, doing exactly what He has called us to do).

I'm not thinking of sports cars or designer clothes or crazy vacations to the beach every month.

Nope -- just paying off our house (and thus being completely debt free).
Taking a family vacation with my parents since we have never done that.
Saving for our girls (and baby #3 and hopefully baby #4 someday) to go to college, get married, etc.

And here's the really big one for me -- being able to give generously and freely to help others whenever a need arises (big or small).



Having the freedom and opportunity to write a check when a guest speaker shares at church about the ministry God has laid on his/her heart.  Or when we get a letter in the mail asking for help raising support.

Going and visiting friends who are living and serving overseas.

Buying Christmas presents for families who wouldn't have anything otherwise.

Paying for someone else to go on vacation (like a friend just shared with me that someone did for her family, and I thought how cool would it be to be able to totally bless someone like that).

The possibilities are endless, and that is what excites me!

So, as I share this with you, please remember that I am not about getting rich.  My heart is just so full and about to explode with the desire to be able to bless others in big ways.  Starting with my family and then expanding out to everyone we know (and don't know for that matter).

I have no idea where you are at in life or what your goals and dreams may be.  I do know that It Works has been a HUGE blessing to our family since I joined in February.  I can only imagine how it will continue to bless us in the months and years to come.  And as I dare to dream about what could happen, I can't help but think of the countless other people who could be blessed too.

That's why I share this with you.
That's why I am staying up late to write this blog post.
That's why I am in this business.
That's why I keep talking about it every single day.
That's why I want you to consider joining me as an It Works distributor.

What could an extra $500 a month do for your family?  $1,000?  $6,000?  $10,000?
Like I said before, the possibilities are endless....

I would love to share more of MY story with you and talk with you about starting your own It Works story.

Let's work together to bless others -- helping provide people with tools and resources to get healthy, sharing the financial opportunity with them, building friendships, and so much more!!!

If you are interested even in the slightest or have any questions, please contact me!!!

You can also check out my website to learn more about It Works and our natural health products!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive