Sunday, August 25, 2013

S-T-R-E-T-C-H

I feel like I've been stretched quite a bit lately.

Our family schedule has gotten kind of busy these days with the start of school, and I am feeling stretched in all different directions as we always seem to be on the go.

*During the day, I have 1-2 daycare kiddos in addition to my 2 girls.  And even when we don't leave the house, I'm still moving all the time - as there is never a dull moment when you have 4 kids under the age of 4! (I am so GRATEFUL I get to stay home and experience the "chaos" with my girls on a daily basis)

*I'm teaching childbirth classes on Monday evenings (and LOVE helping these couples prepare for their babies' births)

*Lawrence is part of the Pastor Search Team and meets once a week for that

*He is also going to be starting up the Boys to Men after-school program again in September, which gives him the opportunity to work with and mentor many of the 5th grade boys at his school

*This semester will be Lawrence's last one in grad school!!!  To finish his degree in Elementary Administration he has to put in 200 hours with his principal, and this is in addition to his regular responsibilities as a teacher!

*We are excited to begin meeting with our Ponca Bible study group again as well.  Every Sunday, we get to dig into God's Word and look at how these kids can live it out in their daily lives.

*I am also thrilled to get to be a part of the Kellybrook Moms of Prayer group that is starting this year.  We are hosting a 5K walk for the school in September and will be doing various other activities throughout the school year as we meet together to pray for the students and staff at Kellybrook.

As you can see, we are a pretty busy family these days!  You can probably relate!!!

Even as I am feeling stretched in various directions, I am thankful for all that God has placed in our lives at this time.  All the "stuff" that we are doing is good and I truly believe God is using it to grow us into the people He wants us to be.  I hope and pray, too, that He is at work in the midst of these activities, using them to bring glory and honor to His name (our ultimate goal and desire).

One area I haven't even mentioned yet, but really feel is a work of God is my It Works "business."  I continue to be blessed every day with the way He is using this opportunity to S-T-R-E-T-C-H me in several different ways:

*I am pushed to get out of my comfort zone and meet new people.  Instead of just sitting in the Chick-fil-A play place or the park or the library, I am more likely to start up a conversation with another mom who is close by.  Yes, I get to introduce them to It Works and the great products we have.  BUT, I also get to make new friends and am looking forward to some play dates in the near future!  And as I build a relationship with these moms, my ultimate goal is not to get them to buy a wrap or use greens (though that is an added bonus).  More than anything, I want Jesus to shine through in all I do and say.  As these women get to know me, I want them to get to know Jesus.

*When I go to a party or help another team mate with a party, I am pushed once again to interact with people I don't really know.  I tend to worry a lot about what other people think of me, so whether it shows or not, I am extremely nervous when I present about It Works and our products.  Will they think I am crazy?  Will they write me off as a lunatic?  Will they tune me out or hear my heart?  As I hand out my blitz cards (like a business card with a coupon) to random strangers I have known for just a few minutes (I give them to the cashier, bank teller, gas station clerk, moms, etc.), I wonder what they think about me.  BUT, in the past few weeks, I am beginning to gain more and more confidence and getting more and more comfortable talking to anyone and everyone.  And it's been kind of fun, really, as I do get to meet new people and possibly even start to develop a friendship with them.

Just this month, I did a party for someone who I didn't really know all that well and certainly didn't know any of her guests.  One of the guests got really excited about the It Works business and what it could do for her family.  A few days later, she came to one of our team meetings and got even more excited.  The next week, she joined my team, and yesterday I got to help her with her very own launch party.  I just met this woman, but I feel like I have a new friend.  Already, she has been a huge blessing to me as we share a passion for health and kids and God and helping others.

Sometimes being stretched is scary. You don't know how much more you can take, how much more you can do.  BUT, if you don't allow yourself to be stretched, you don't grow.  And then you miss out on some cool things God has planned for you.

I have no idea how someone will respond when I give them a blitz card.  I don't know what people at a wrap party will think of me.  I don't know what goes through people's head when they see my posts on facebook.  BUT, I do know that I am growing as a person, that in being S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D I am finding a sense of fulfillment and purpose and joy.

Furthermore, I am sooooo excited about what is going to happen this month.  I am working on earning a $10,000 bonus!  The timing couldn't be better as we are getting ready to welcome baby #3 to our family and my daycare income was unexpectedly cut in half.  The extra $400 a month for the next 2 years will definitely help replace my missing income and allow us to pay for the extra expense that comes with another child.  Instead of worrying about how we are going to pay for our bills, we are looking for ways to bless others.  And that fills my heart to overflowing with such joy and happiness.

To think, if I hadn't been willing to S-T-R-E-T-C-H way outside my comfort zone, I would have missed out on this HUGE blessing.  I am so thankful, yet again, that God brought It Works into my life at this time.  And I am more excited than ever to see what He is going to do with this "business" in the future and how it will play a role in my personal growth, in blessing others, and bringing massive amounts of glory to His name!

Is there an area where God is trying to S-T-R-E-T-C-H you?  Will you let Him?  You never know what might happen as He does...

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has imagined 
what God has planned for those who love Him."
~1 Corinthians 2:9


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive