Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Friends

This past month, God has given me a new courage.

When I found out that the G.O.O.D. Bonus had been extended to anyone who wasn't yet at the Diamond level in the It Works company, I started to cry.  I was sooooooo close to reaching this milestone and knew that the $10,000 bonus (paid out in $400 checks for the next 25 months) would be a HUGE blessing to our family.  I determined to do everything I possibly could to earn this bonus.



I knew that meant I would have to get out of my comfort zone, though.  I would have to tell more people about It Works and our health products.  People I didn't know.  At all.

BUT, I couldn't let fear stand in the way.  I couldn't let fear keep me from accomplishing a goal, from fulfilling a dream.

And so, I started handing out "blitz cards" everywhere I went.  The grocery store cashier.  The bank teller.  Anyone sitting in the stands at any of the 5 fields where my husband played softball every Sunday evening.  Moms at the park.  Moms at Chick-fil-A watching their kids play.  Moms at the library.

I didn't just talk about It Works though, at least not if I actually had time to engage in a more lengthy conversation.  Yes, I want them to know about our products and how amazing they are and how they could potentially change their lives.  But, I also want to get to know the person, the individual.  How old are her kids?  Does she stay home or work outside of the house?  Do they attend church?  What does she enjoy doing as a hobby?  You know, LIFE stuff...

Through this process of me becoming more courageous in handing out blitz cards and spreading the word about It Works, I have been able to make some new friends.

Last week, I struck up a conversation with another mom at the library.  We probably chatted for a good half hour while our kids did puzzles, played on the computers, and "read" books.  I gave her my blitz card and got her contact information so we could set up a play date soon.

Today, I went to her house and got to hang out with her and 2 other moms.  For over an hour, I got to sit and enjoy some adult conversation while the kids played on a mansion of a swingset that the dad had made.


I got to share how Lawrence and I met and what we do in life right now.  They all have at least one child who attends the school where my husband teaches and had heard all about his backflips and gymnastics tricks he had done on the first day.  I got to learn about their families.  

Basically, I got to make new friends.

All because of It Works.

If not for It Works, I might not have struck up a conversation with this mom at the library. 

If not for It Works, I would have missed out on the opportunity to get out of the house and enjoy some mommy time.

If not for It Works, I wouldn't have the opportunity to continue to build a relationship with them, to invite them to be a part of the Moms of Prayer Group, to watch our kids become friends.

You see, It Works is so much more than a paycheck (though I have to admit that part is nice too)!  It Works is helping me become a better person -- a more courageous woman who's not afraid to get out of her comfort zone, a more well-rounded woman who is better able to make an impact on people's lives in ways she never would have been able to do before this "job."

Today, It Works was all about making new friends.  

Fitting since our motto is "Friendship, Fun, Freedom."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive