Friday, August 9, 2013

Beyond Our Wildest Dreams

One thing I have learned in my 25 years of following Jesus is that He can do "FAR more than I could even begin to ask or imagine!" (Eph 3:20)

Granted, He doesn't always do exactly WHAT I ask or imagine.
He doesn't always do it exactly WHEN I ask or imagine.
And He certainly doesn't always do it HOW I ask or imagine.

Instead, He does everything FAR better, beyond what I could ever hope or even dare to dream.

God never ceases to surprise me.
So, why then, do I doubt Him?
Why do I hesitate to trust Him?
Why do I worry and stress and fret and fear?
Why do I want to put limitations on Him?
Why do I try to cram Him in a tiny, little box?
Why am I surprised when He works in amazing ways?

This past month I feel like God has been challenging me to depend completely on Him.
Total, utter reliance on Him.

That's not always the easiest or funnest (I know funnest isn't really a word) thing to do, though.

BUT, it's always the best thing!

And that's where I find myself right now.
You know what's funny (but not really funny -- more like SAD)?  I have found myself praying quite a bit more lately.  At least hard-core, earnest, from the depth of my heart prayers.

Despite the situation I am in where I have to fully rely on God to meet my needs, I have felt fuller.  I have sensed His presence more.  Maybe that's because I have stopped to spend more time WITH Him!

This morning I got up and did some weight exercises in my living room and then outside to enjoy a walk.  However, when I stepped onto my porch, I saw raindrops falling and sighed in disappointment.  Instead of going back inside, though, I sat on the chair and prayed.  As I listened to the soft rain fall, I poured my heart out to God.  Ironically enough, when I was done, the rain was too.  I was able to go on a short walk -- and continue praying as God brought friends and family members to mind.  When I returned home, I felt refreshed and energized, ready to "start" the day.

The past week has been somewhat of an emotional rollercoaster, and my pregnancy hormones have caused the hills to be steeper and the descents to be faster than normal.  Yet, in the midst of my racing thoughts and jumbled feelings, God has been speaking to me.  And I feel like He has been calling me to DREAM, to believe in Him like never before, to LET Him do a big work in and through me.  For that to happen, I must fully surrender to Him, letting go of my hopes and plans, trusting that His ways truly are better than mine.

As I have been reflecting and dreaming, God has been working on my heart and bringing my desires more and more in line with Him (at least I believe so).  It's taken me all week, but I have written down the dreams I feel God has laid on my heart.  And PROMISES from God's Word that He can do even MORE than I am daring to ask or imagine....


Some of these dreams may not seem all that big.
I am really rather a simple person.
To me, though, these dreams ARE big.  HUGE.
Humanly impossible in fact.
Doable only with God's help.

And that is why I am sharing them with you.
As these dreams become reality, I want everyone to know who is behind the scenes.
I want everyone to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I deserve no credit for making these dreams come true.  Nope, all the glory will go to God alone.

Yes, I will do everything I can to fulfill these dreams.
But unless God's hand is in it, even my best efforts will fall short.

What about you?
What dreams might you have that you are afraid to dream, thinking they are too big for God to accomplish?

Let's let go of our fears.  Release them like you would a balloon and watch them float up, up, and away.
Let's cling to our powerful, almighty, majestic, awesome God.
Let's trust Him to work in and through us in ways we never thought possible.
Let's believe He can do FAR more than we would ever ask or even begin to imagine.

Let's DREAM BIG....
After all, we do serve a VERY BIG God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive