Monday, September 26, 2011

At the Break of Dawn

The Bible tells us that the Lord's mercies are new every morning, and for that I am very thankful.

I am also grateful that hope rises with the dawn, that the new day gives us a fresh start, an opportunity to begin afresh, have a clean slate. At the beginning of the day we have the chance to look ahead with anticipation of all that God is going to do, to present our requests to Him and wait in expectation for Him to act.

Don't get me wrong...I am a morning person and enjoy getting up with the sun. I just want to be able to enjoy the beginning of the new day by myself, in peace and quiet. To just sit and take it all in as I see the dark slowly turn to dawn.

Being a mother of three has made enjoying my morning ritual virtually impossible! I guess the kiddos have the same outlook as me and just can't wait to get up and start a new day. I sure wish they enjoyed sleeping just a little bit more though :)

So, here's to a full day (it's got to be full when it starts at 5 right!) of seeing what God can do. I am certainly going to need quite a few of those "new mercies" to make it through the day. Wait, what am I talking about, I am going to need them just to get to lunch!!!

Do you think God's mercies are new after each naptime? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive