Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1,2...3,4

In ONE month Coralyn will be TWO years old! How did that happen? I can still remember the day she was born, like it was yesterday!

While I am thrilled that she is growing up and becoming a big girl, I am also kind of sad that she isn't my little baby anymore. Good thing we're having another baby in just a couple of months, huh? :) THREE months actually, and we will be a family of FOUR!

But for now I am enjoying my little "big girl" and all the joy and adventure she brings to our lives. There's certainly never a dull moment in our house. :) This past month has been full of both laughter and tears. I love the giggles and squeals and shrieks of excitement as she discovers something new, shows me one of her "tricks," learns a new word, says an entire sentence, or just cracks up laughing for no apparent reason. The tears are harder, of course. I don't enjoy calming her fears over the Chick-fil-A cow or soothing hurt feelings or consoling her after she's gotten hurt or trying to figure out why she started crying at the top of her lungs for no apparent reason.

Thankfully, we have more laughter than we do tears. We have more excitement than drama, more joy than sorrow, more good times than bad.

Coralyn is back to sleeping in her big girl bed, for which I am extremely thankful! She doesn't really have a choice as both of the beds in her room are toddler beds (until we have to change the crib back to its original state when the baby comes). She does get to choose which one she sleeps on, for now. And in even bigger news, she took a nap today without asking for "Boppers" (her pacifier)! I have started giving it to her at nap time and bed time only when she asks for it. Every day she has remembered her precious binky and requested it, and I hesitantly give it to her, figuring we will master the whole big girl bed thing before we take away her dear "Boppers." But this afternoon she amazed me...she climbed right into bed, closed her eyes tight, and didn't make a single sound (not even a little peep) as I left the room. And when I went to check on her 10 minutes later, she was still in bed, asleep, and stayed that way for almost 2 hours, when she had a bathroom emergency :)

I was impressed not only because she got right into bed without "Boppers," but that she didn't fuss one little bit. The best part was that she actually stayed in bed and took a nap. The last few days she has been a little stinker and managed to not only get out of bed (not that difficult), but turn her light on, and proceed to play with every imaginable item in her room. So when she "wakes up" from her nap, I find piles of books, band-aids, bottles of lotion, random clothes, and all of her stuffed animals (and baby dolls) on her bed. She may have had lots of fun, but by the end of the day she's not as fun to be around :)

My most cherished moment (or moments) in this past month though would have to be when Coralyn asks (without any prompting at all) to read her Bible. The other day we finished breakfast, and she wanted to get down from her chair and read her Bible. Of course I was happy to comply. Later that day she ran in her room and got her Bible for me to read to her yet again. She did the same thing that evening before bed. Another fond memory was having the opportunity to explain the gospel to Coralyn and Carson as they sat reading her Bible together (because she went and got it for them to read). They reached the story of Jesus' crucifixion and were asking why Jesus was on the cross and why he had so many boo-boo's. They sat and listened to me tell the story of Jesus dying on the cross, His resurrection, and the promise of His return. Then I got to tell them about heaven. Although Carson is adamant that Jesus hasn't come back yet because He is off getting money. :)

I could go on and on telling stories about Coralyn. I love her to pieces! But I should probably go hang out with Lawrence and my mom (who happens to be visiting). Plus, I am about ready to fall asleep as I type. I guess that happens when you are ONE month away from having a TWO year old and THREE months away from having a family of FOUR. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive